If you have received a penalty for clandestine entrants, then you should seek professional legal advice to challenge the fine. Although there are few things that you must consider or some questions that you should ask when it comes to facing a penalty for Clandestine Entrants
Here are some of the questions that you must be aware of.
When can you file an appeal against Clandestine Entrants?
You have the right to go to a country court to contest a fine. This must be completed within 28 days of the date on which your ‘Form IS11’ was issued. A notice of objections must be in writing and it also must set out why you consider that you’re not liable and/or why the penalty should be reduced.
How can you pay the Clandestine Entrants fine?
The fine can be paid in numerous ways, like through bank transfer, cheque, credit card or debit card. Don’t forget the time frame when you have to pay it. If you are not aware of the time, then 60 days is the limit.
How can you save yourself from Clandestine entrants?
If you don’t have an effective system to secure your vehicle or it isn’t used properly, you and your driver may be fined. An effective system for your company would include:
• Training for drivers on how to use the system and security devices
• Instruction provided to drivers on how to effectively use the security system.
• Robust security devices to effectively secure the vehicle
• Providing drivers with vehicle security checklists to ensure that they are following the instructions
Is it possible to reduce the Clandestine Entrants fine?
Yes, but you must prove on your objection that you have followed all reasonable steps to avoid illegal immigrants to enter the UK. Some of the steps include:
- Stopping your lorry on secure parkings only, not on side of the road
- Having your vehicle reasonable secured
- Not leaving your lorry unattended for long period of time
- For example if there was a traffic jam leading to the port, it is out of your control and your fine also should be reduced.
How to choose the perfect professional to help you out from Clandestine Entrants?
If you are already fined, then the only way out is to seek help from professionals. All you have to do is choose the best, and the case will be in your favour. To select the best professionals, you have to research top-notch firms. After analysing multiple factors, go with the most suitable one. Most solicitors in England offer free consultation and will be able to offer you the help you need.
What are the factors that can affect your decision of choosing professionals for Clandestine Entrants?
As is already mentioned above, there are multiple factors that can affect your decision. So, here are some of the most common and important things that you have to consider.
• The reputation of the firm
• Already handled similar cases
• Success rate
• The behaviour of the professional
• The fee of the services
Don’t forget to compare top firms because then only you will end up with the best professional.
How can you save your company from penalties for Clandestine Entrants?
You should be aware that if the border force discovers migrants in your vehicle, you could face hefty fines. If you have problems with illegal immigrants damaging your cargo it’s worth knowing that you can avoid the penalty for clandestine entrants? All you have to do is to join the civil penalty accreditation scheme run by Border Force. If that’s the problem with you, here are some options for you.
- Do not cross the border if you suspect somebody is hiding in your vehicle.
- Keep a record of all the security check
- Be part of a civil accreditation scheme
- Stop the vehicle and contact the police if you are suspicious
- Follow all the security instructions
You can also check our article on how to avoid the IS11 penalty here: https://loadrecovery.com/news/how-to-avoid-a-penalty-fine-for-clandestine-entrants-is11-form/
This is all you need to know. So, start searching for the best professionals to help you out in such a case.